Friday, March 27, 2009

Looking through several of the national blogs, I came accross one in AMERICAblog that caught my eye. It is commentary by Joe Sudbay based on the transcript of Congresswoamn Michelle Bachman calling for a revolution. Obviously, the author is intending his audience to be those who lean more to the left politically. What I find interesting and what lends credibility to his commentary is that he uses the actual transcript from Bachman. He then breaks down parts of her speech and makes his own commentary on it. Therefore, it is easy to see what part of the blog is his opinion. Sometimes that isn't so easy to do and this is where I feel a lot of misinformation gets to the public.
As for the actual opinion being stated, I find Sudbay to be fairly persuasive. He isn't overly condescending towards the opposing side, but he brings up several good points. I especially liked his reference of elections as "orderly revolutions." And I agree with his take that a member of Congress should not engage in calling the current administration the enemy or other incendiary talk. I would also agree that had this been a Congressman or Congresswoman during the latter part of the Bush administration, there would have been a lot more negative publicity. Overall, I think that Sudbay does a good job of reaching his intended audience and getting his point across without too much negativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment